Training Subsidy Program (TSP)
What is the Training Subsidy Program?
CADA/East reimburses Professional Members for the costs of physical dance training through the Training Subsidy Program (TSP).
These activities position you as an active and employable member of the professional community.
Any physical training that you do to condition your body to be "performance ready" is eligible. This includes technique classes, gym memberships, yoga/pilates classes, workshops, and any other physical training you may engage in.
Professional Members may receive reimbursements up to a total of $350 per membership year (June 1st to May 31st of the following year).
No. Only physical training is currently covered in our TSP program. Any other training such as singing or acting is not currently eligible for reimbursement.
The answer is yes, but the execution is a bit tricky. If you send in training receipts for reimbursement in our TSP program (which reimburses up to 60% of claims), you can still claim the remaining amount (40%) on your income tax.
must be submitted by the appropriate deadline for training that took
place within that TSP period.
Yes please! We track the actual totals of artist spending and use it in our grant applications to advocate for a higher TSP cap with our funders.
Schedule of Disbursement 2023/2024
As always, we'll try to reimburse up to 60% of claims, or until you hit the cap of $350/membership year.
Professional CADA/East members who are active for the 2023/2024 season are eligible to submit a TSP Claim Form.
If you are uncertain about your eligibility or have further questions, please email us at email@example.com
Claim Submission Instructions
to the Members Only section
We request that you submit receipts for extended periods of time (such as annual gym memberships) by the date of payment.
- If this request represents any hardship for you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Example: If a large payment made in May covers a long period extending into the next membership year and you have already met your cap.
- Our goal is to support your professional training while you work with us to support our administration of the program.